At Chemstar WATER, we design our boiler systems treatment programs to protect the integrity of boilers and all related heat exchange equipment such as economizers, air preheaters, deaerators, superheaters, and steam turbines.
Many leading industrial and government customers have been trusting Chemstar WATER with their large steam boilers for decades. As you will see in one of our case studies, Chemstar WATER delivers outstanding performance when it comes down to scale, deposit, and corrosion control in the boiler systems.
Because boiler systems are energy-intensive and costly, it is in our customers’ best interest to maximize boiler efficiency through increased steam production and reduced fuel consumption in a two-step process:
- The first step is to ensure steam and condensate losses are controlled well, which includes treating condensate return.
- The second step is minimizing blowdown, which can be achieved by using makeup water pretreatment systems including water filtration and softening systems, demineralizers, dealkalizers, reverse osmosis systems, electrodialysis reversal as well as water treatment chemicals such as polymer organics.
Through these methods, the majority of our customers’ energy savings are more than their annual water treatment costs.
The makeup water quality changes and discharge requirements differ depending on the location. That’s why we tailor water treatment programs specifically for each customer. As a result, customers enjoy the following benefits:
- lowest optimum boiler blowdown resulting in water and associated energy savings
- extended life of boiler tubes
- 24/7 remote monitoring of the key indicators with control ranges
- improved plant uptime by eradicating scale and corrosion-related downtimes
- regular reporting of key indicators and suggested proactive measures