At Chemstar WATER, we have designed our boiler systems treatment programs to protect the integrity of boilers and related heat exchange equipment such as economizers, air preheaters, deaerators, superheaters, and steam turbines.
Because the boiler systems are energy-intensive and the fuel for the energy is costly, it is, therefore, our customers’ best interest to maximize boiler efficiency through increasing steam production and reducing fuel consumption. The first step is to ensure all the steam and condensate losses are controlled well, which may include treating the condensate return. The second step is to minimize the blowdown, which can be achieved by using makeup water pretreatment systems including water filtration and softening systems, demineralizers, dealkalizers, reverse osmosis systems, electrodialysis reversal as well as water treatment chemicals such as polymer organics.
Since makeup water quality changes and discharge requirements differ depending on the location, we tailor water treatment programs specific for each customer. This enables Chemstar WATER to achieve:
- lowest optimum boiler blowdown
- resulting in water and associated energy savings
- usually, the energy savings we achieve pays for more than the annual water treatment cost
- extend the life of the boiler tubes
- 24/7 remote monitoring of the key indicators with control ranges
- improve plant uptime by eradicating scale and corrosion-related downtimes
- regular reporting of key indicators and suggested proactive measures